Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Storm Troopers

Storm Troopers!!!



I'm starting a new project, finally. It was supposed to be a surprise for my brother, but if anybody knows anything about me they know I can't keep a surprise to myself. I'm totally lacking self control there. When I saw this fabric I couldn't resist. It makes me think of my brother and for some reason that makes me think of when we were kids. I told him I was making it and sent him a sneak peek of the storm trooper fabric.

I've been wanting to make a scrappy quilt for a while, but my stash isn't too extensive and I don't have the variety that's really needed to make a nice scrap quilt. I picked up a few fat quarters- all black and white at first, but then I thought some gray would be nice, to make it a little easier on the eyes.

This is what I came up with:



I'm going to use the Arkansas Crossroads block, with bright red where the "x's" are going to be:

 

I'll post some update photos later with a link to a pattern I found. Luckily for me nobody knows about this blog and my brother doesn't read it, so some of it will be a surprise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment